Tuesday, May 28, 2019

It's been an odd day. 

It started out breezy and sunny, a perfect day to open the garage door and try to make sense out of the chaos within.  Now, it's cloudy and the air is full of larger than average flying insects, which the bats, a bit earlier than usual, are competing with the birds to devour.

My printer/scanner decided to dis-invite the computer, or vice versa.  I've unplugged and restarted and removed and downloaded.  I have to re-install and align but I just don't have the emotional energy to deal with what I fear will be not much more progress than I made this afternoon.

The glitch was discovered as I tried to print, scan, and send a secured document.  JannyLou wasn't home.  Amster's office is further than I wanted to travel.  Kinko's seemed the obvious answer, except the secure document wouldn't open on a pay by the minute computer.  It cost me 2 minutes at 59 cents each to find that out. 

I headed to the public library.  It had no restrictions on the opening of secure documents, and, with a little help from the librarian, I managed to get it printed and downloaded and uploaded and sent on its way.  It only cost a dime to print the page.

That was the second time I visited the library today.  On Sunday, the only remaining attractive tome was The Mueller Report.  I took it, and I'm reading it.  You should, too.  Form your own conclusions, without spin or rhetoric. The book I'm using has analysis from Washington Post contributors, but I'm skipping that.  The redactions are as informative as the words on the page. 

By the end of page 4 I was seething.  If Attorney General Barr read every third paragraph, his summary made sense.  There is a lot of exculpatory verbiage, which might lead one to believe that there was no evidence at all.  But each of those paragraphs is followed by one detailing the lies (who made them and when) and the refusal to hand over evidence by those who were being investigated.  The Report is very clear about this - their conclusions might have been altered, one way or the other, but they will never know.

There's so much obstruction, even in the first section, on cooperation/coordination (both terms are defined, as is collusion), the administration thwarted the Special Counsel's efforts.  After about 8 pages, I began to wonder why.

There are so many lies, so many instances of standing in the way of truth gathering, so much conniving - for what?  What were they and are they trying to hide?  What deep secret is lurking behind all these machinations?  An awful lot of effort went into making sure that those who were interviewed were toeing the party line. 

I've been stewing about this all weekend long.  I was glad to be in the library twice today. I found a James Patterson Alex Cross mystery this morning and C J Box's latest installment in one of my favorite series this afternoon.  I'm going to put politics aside for the next few days.  It's getting in the way of my summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!