Tuesday, March 13, 2018

A Quick Chat With Katy Tur - A Snippet

Lurking outside the Author Registration Station, hoping to run into my freshman suite-mate's daughter, a novelist and presenter at the Tucson Festival of Books last Saturday, I chatted up Katy Tur.

She'd walked into and out of the office and met my eye as I smiled and wondered if she was surprised to be unrecognized, guessing that it didn't happen very often.

"Not so much anymore," and she smiled again and we talked about being in the right place at the right time for an opportunity to fall in your lap.  About showing up and saying yes.  About what a powerful lesson her experience taught the kids I know.

And our minute was over.  She turned to walk away, paused, smiled, turned back and extended her hand.

"Katy Tur." )

"Suzi Hileman."

She smiled, made eye contact, shook firmly. I filed away her perfect introduction for later use. We went our separate ways.
*****

Just another magical afternoon at the Tucson Festival of Books.

More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!