Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Channeling My 10 Year Old Self

Fire and Fury.

That's what our President is threatening.  Fire and Fury..... 45's version of Shock and Awe? 

This is my nightmare scenario.  Two unstable, egomaniacal, powerful leaders tossing the threat of nuclear war around like they are calling out a death metal band.

Miniaturized nuclear weapons... and I don't care how well they can be aimed because almost counts in horse-shoes and in atomic blasts.

When President Kennedy took to the black and white tv in the living room to warn us of an imminent danger just 90 miles off the coast of Florida, I locked myself in my parents' stall shower.  I stood there, writing my will in the fog on the walls, thinking that I might never take another shower because the world would be blown to bits.

I'm having those same worries right now.

I'm going to take a bath.  Do you think Epsom Salts can cure what ails me?

3 comments:

  1. Epsom salts are good for anything!

    I worry more about our bases over there, like Guam. I wish more had been done years earlier and now I don't know if there is a good answer unless China gets seriously involved but the question is what suits China's purposes with their having added bases in the South China Sea? Maybe they'd like NK hitting one of our bases with a nuke. The logic of governments never impresses me with their concern for ordinary people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And watching the Governor of Guam on tv this morning reinforced your comment.
      a/b

      Delete
  2. And then 45 told Gaum's mayor that this would increase their tourism! I can see the ads now - Worried about sunburn? Worry no more! Come to Guam for that nuclear glow!
    Grrrrrrrrr!

    ReplyDelete

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!