Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Wedding Weather Worries

Don't tell Little Cuter or SIR, but there is lightning in the cloudy sky right now.
If today were their wedding day we'd be in deep doo-doo.

The sun tried valiantly for a while

but ultimately it was unsuccessful

Those black bottoms to the fluffiness above them? 
That's rain, pooling up and getting ready to drop on my head.


And so we waited and I fretted.
What would we do?  
Where would we go?
Why was it threatening to rain in late September?

Then I walked to the back of the house and saw this

Where was the threatening sky?
What was all this blueness doing up there?


There were certainly some clouds.


but I had to do some turning and tele-photo-ing to get anything worth worrying about.


And then the sun set and poked me right in the eye.



and this was the result.


Not a bad backdrop for a wedding.
Not bad at all.

I think I am going to stop worrying and start enjoying.

4 comments:

  1. I love seeing pictures of Arizona. In DC, it's been raining the past month. Rains almost every day lately. And you don't have the humidity we have here. The sunset one is really lovely.

    Thanks for sharing with us your part of the world. :)


    Megan xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. No humidity... gorgeous sunsets.... rain that (theoretically) stops by mid-September... I am glad to share my beautiful space with my favorite early morning comment-leaver :)
    a/b

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all Pacific Northwest weddings: I was married in a church but it rained that day and when we ran out of the church to get to the reception, it shows me ducking the rain. Both of my kids were married in garden weddings in June where it had rained or did rain. We solved their problems with renting big tent canopies which have sides that can drop down. Very pretty, not that expensive and it took out the worry. Of course, a severe lightning storm is going to still complicate that but in late September, in Tucson, that's unlikely. Rain though can come anytime and those festive big tents solve the worry that it might plus look very wedding-appropriate. And they say it's good luck for it to rain on your wedding...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely. You're probably in the best spot in the USA for wedding weather. You've got...what, like a 98% chance of clear and dry? It doesn't get better than that.

    I knew a young couple who married outside here in a park near a housing development. Big wedding, big group, big dress. The skies opened and the whole party ran to stand under the eaves of the closest house...not much in the way of shelter. Since they were all pretty wet, anyway, the bride got it into her head to jump into the pool at that house. She sank due to the giant white sponge she was wearing, so half the wedding party jumped in to rescue her. Then the rest of the guests just gave up and joined her as the rain poured down.

    Now, that's a wedding to remember. I'm sure the strangers whose pool it was will never forget it. Is that a pool I see in the picture?

    ReplyDelete

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!