Tuesday, June 13, 2023

He's Toast

 As Laura said of me, From Bill Barr's mouth to God's ear.

Bill Barr is another spineless sycophant, swirling around the vortex, creating chaos (cf his misrepresentation of the Mueller Report) and advancing his own version of the narrative.  That version reflects what's palatable to what he thinks is the winning-at-the-moment side.

I suppose, then, that I should be glad that Barr went on Fox this weekend and said that if the DOJ can prove even one of the crimes in the indictment brought against the lying liar, He's toast.

I'm not sure it will be hard to do.

The indictment starts by pointing out that just because you once worked there doesn't mean that you get to keep the stuff you read there. (Charges 4 and 37)  And it certainly doesn't mean that you can take that stuff home to your bathroom (no matter how ornate the chandelier - Charge 28).

https://tinyurl.com/yc3smnw4

nor leave boxes of it, unattended, on a stage. (Charge 25) It's against the law.

https://tinyurl.com/2avbed3k

Why?  Because, as the indictment goes on to tell us, he didn't just take what could be construed as personal mementoes (cf his love letters to and from autocrats around the world..... which aren't his, anyway.

He took national security documents.  Geo-spatial data, nuclear capability data, troop deployments,  Eyes Only documents, and more - all of it very valuable to our enemies and very dangerous for the stability of our nation and the world. (Charge 3)

The lying liar doesn't seem to be a sentimental sort, nor one who'd be interested researching the minutiae of governance or history. Bragging rights while thumbing his nose at The Man (Charge 34) seems like a small upside when compared to the downside - decades in prison.  People go to prison for much less egregious violations of the Espionage Act.  

So, why?  And why hide them and lie about them and get yourself into real serious trouble?  Just like in Watergate, I think you've got to follow the money. 

There's public, small dollar, Twitter fueled fundraising.  

Then there's private, extra-legal fundraising - selling your nation's most sensitive secrets to the highest bidder.  

He's not been charged with setting up a marketplace. But Charge 41 shows him to be very interested in the contents of those boxes. 

He went through them, the ones he tried to get his lawyer to say didn't exit.  Taking our stuff and lying about it, that's Charge 54c.

He told people, on tape, that he couldn't show them the document he was waving in front of their faces because it was secret and he couldn't de-classify it any more.  Knowledge of the crime and putting the lie to his irrelevant I declassified it nonsense is in Charges 34 and 35.

And, my very favorite charge of all, Charge 54a, where the real petulant child emerges, the real reason he's in deep doo-doo right now.  

I don't want anybody looking, I don't want anybody looking through my boxes, I really don't,  I don't want you looking through my boxes.

His brain cannot accept the fact that he can't just do what he wants.  Never could.  Never will.  The only way to stop him is to keep him away from the Presidency forever. Since the Republican party has largely fallen into the witch hunt mire, that starts and ends at the ballot box.

I have confidence in  the American voter, Still, just in case, DOJ should change that pesky rule about not prosecuting a sitting president.  

It seems like he's toast, sure, 

Still, just in case.

4 comments:

  1. I'm okay with them nailing him. Are they going to pay any attention, or are other loyal dems, to what Biden did and there is evidence for that too? I have a feeling no more than when Hillary destroyed her own evidence. I heard Smith talking about equal justice under the law. I wish it was true but right now, I am waiting to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm annoyed by the above comment. Third grade stuff, "Maybe I am but so are you". Actually, no, they're not.
    I'm not holding my breath, but i will be paying attention to see if I smell that burning toast. I can hope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So am I, Hillary was investigated and never charged. With regard to Mr Biden, there is a special prosecutor looking at his retention of classified material. Just "whataboutism" at it's finest. There is NO relation to the Trump indictment.

      Delete
    2. I agree--the above comment was way off base, and typical of the stuff spewed by Trump and his people.

      Delete

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!