Friday, June 9, 2023

No One Is Above the Law

The prosecution has to convince twelve jurors that the lying liar is guilty, beyond a reasonable doubt, of violating the Espionage Act.

This shouldn't be hard, since not only are there photos,  but he has already admitted that he committed the crime. 

And yet there are still people who will vote for him. 

I'm not dwelling there. At this point,  it's like arguing with a wad of gum. 

Instead,  I'm reveling in the fact that our institutions held.  A former President is facing off against the might of the American justice system. 

I end up at Merrick Garland, whose ill-fated nomination to the Supreme Court began the era of the Trumpian remake of that body and whose tenure as Attorney General may end in the incarceration of the Orange Menace. 

6 comments:

  1. People have already started donating to his defense fund. A billionaire (self-proclaimed) who can't pay his own bills, let alone taxes? I never understood his appeal. From the first time he came on the scene I thought he was a spoiled brat. Now I believe he is dangerous.
    Trump is vindictive in a whiney "poor me victimhood" kind of way. DeSantis is mean and vindictive for the pure head rush of it. Hard to say who is the greater threat. My opinion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My 1st impression of him as a candidate was that he was a clown. And then I discovered he was a dangerous clown.

      Delete
  2. From your mouth.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will wait to cheer until he is in prison.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unfortunately the 1st phase of his case has been assigned to Aileen Cannon. Remember her?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want him to have to be forced to face the reality of his many wrongdoings. I suspect he is incapable of reality and will forever be the victim. I don't want him to always and forever be in the headlines. I just want him to disappear. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!