Monday, May 6, 2024

The Yellow Season

It happens every spring. No, not Ray Milland's pre-Flubber baseball-avoiding cream, but the blossoming desert willows, then the palo verdes, then the mesquites.  It brings pollen along with the color.  But as a last blast before the summer heat and winds dry up ever bit of brightness, it's really quite glorious.

Here is some of it from years past.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.




Yes, the sun bleaches some of it out, but that's what I get for living in the desert.  
 

5 comments:

  1. Ahhh yes, the "yellow season" in the Sonoran Desert, much kleenex will sacrifice its life in the aftermath. This too shall pass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is beautiful. I experienced some of that in the desert southwest one year when we were doing the grand tour of national parks and monuments in September. The late summer rains made everything rebloom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The monsoon revitalizes us... when it happens. Last year was a bust.
      a/b

      Delete
  3. Have to admit, I'd never heard of -- let alone seen -- that Ray Milland film. So, of course, I clicked on the link (expecting to be taken to a Wikipedia or IMDB page). But noooooo. Now my brain's about to crawl out of my head in horror.

    ReplyDelete

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!