Thursday, September 9, 2021

Her Dad..... Her Husband...

and our birthday and anniversary twin....  died too soon.

He was a big guy, in all ways.  Large in stature.  The world's biggest smile.  A hug that deserves a special spot in the Hugging Hall of Fame.

Non-judgmental but snarky, always ready with a bon mot or a snarky quip or a really bad joke, he was a fixture at soccer games and basketball games and school plays.  There are fathers who love their daughters, and there are fathers who coach basketball for their daughters, but they all take second place to Mr. A, whose world revolved around the two women in his life.

They were the tightest three-some in Tiburon.

To say that he was a proud grandfather would be understating the case.  That tiny baby in his grandpa's big arms, smiled upon with all the love in the world, I'm so glad they were in each other's lives..... even for just a moment.

I cannot get my head around the fact that he is no longer on this earth.  

Rest in peace, Mr. A.

Your memory is already a blessing.


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks,Linda. They've been on my mind and in my heart since I heard the news. This one is tough.,
      a/b

      Delete

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!