Thursday, November 22, 2018

Thanksgiving Memories (Reprised)

On dinner in Cleveland Heights at Nannie's house:

..... of my first niece, a veg even as a toddler, eating cucumbers for dinner and feeling just fine....


..... sitting in the dining room, using it, for once, as more than an inconvenient space between the kitchen and the tv room, sideboards groaning, waiting for Nannie's yearly screech,  just as the first fork was lifted: "Oh, shit... I burned the rolls!"

..... of walks around the neighborhood, wrapped in scarves and hats culled from the front hall closet, surrounded by all ages and temperaments, mellowed by tryptophan


More Recent, but similar:
Thursday Afternoon: "What time are you getting your mom?"
"Oh, shit, I forgot about G'ma!"

Warming the cockles of my heart (and making me glad I recorded it in The Burrow)
I, math challenged, asked G'ma how many ounces were in a cup. 

And my mother, my dear, demented, forgetful mother, without missing a beat, told me that there were 8 ounces in a cup.  And she was surprised that I didn't remember that fact... and that she did.  

For this year and every year:
Thanks for being part of the wonder that is my life.  Each and every one of you makes it that much sweeter.  
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

2 comments:

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!