Re-Entry
I'm having issues.
It was only 525 miles round trip, but the air was different and the company was different and I was, for a day or two, different, too.
Re-entry is jarring.
I have dozens of emails; I'm ignoring them all. The refrigerator is empty; I really don't care. I walked around the backyard, watering and deadheading and reorganizing networks of vines, but the effort was desultory at best.
I read Langston Hughes essays and tried to ignore the tv; I hadn't heard one all weekend. I avoided all electronics, with one exception. The Cubbies were invited into my cocoon, via phone apps.
Tomorrow is a full day, and the week to follow even fuller. Tonight, I'm going to pretend that I'm still on vacation.
It was only 525 miles round trip, but the air was different and the company was different and I was, for a day or two, different, too.
Re-entry is jarring.
I have dozens of emails; I'm ignoring them all. The refrigerator is empty; I really don't care. I walked around the backyard, watering and deadheading and reorganizing networks of vines, but the effort was desultory at best.
I read Langston Hughes essays and tried to ignore the tv; I hadn't heard one all weekend. I avoided all electronics, with one exception. The Cubbies were invited into my cocoon, via phone apps.
Tomorrow is a full day, and the week to follow even fuller. Tonight, I'm going to pretend that I'm still on vacation.
Comments
Post a Comment
I KNOW THE FONT IS TOO SMALL......