Monday, April 17, 2017

Bump! A Follow Up Report

The Uv's insurance claim was registered, but no action had been taken.  

When the phone rang at 5:30 the next morning I flashed to G'ma (Nope, she's dead. Yes, it's raw; it was 5:30 in the morning, people!) Who else?  My adrenaline, already stoked from the fender bender, was aluminum in the back of my throat before I said Hello.

"Ma'am, this is Maria from Erie Insurance calling about your claim number......"

"Do you know that it is 5:30 in the morning here?"

"Oh. No. I am So Sorry. I'll call back."

"Will you?" I wondered, and I hung up the phone.

We connected later, the company is taking full responsibility, I can go to my preferred repair shop, they'll get me an Enterprise loaner car, the appraiser will meet me and write the check on the spot, and yes, I was sure that I was feeling fine.

PTSD, the gift that keeps on giving.  I was fine as far as the claim is concerned.  The rest of me, the part that goes a little nutty and has a hard time finding its way back to center, that part is still a work in progress.


2 comments:

  1. 5:30 in the morning! Do they not even check where they are calling? I'm sorry about the accident. That's happened to me in DC rush-hour traffic. I was sitting at a light and someone ran into the back of me, which pushed my car forward and I hit the car in front of me. The person hitting me though, was much worse than me hitting the car in front of me. Probably because I had my foot on the brake when it happened. Nonetheless, it wasn't fun. I did have whiplash from the hit. I'm just glad you are alright.

    In Seattle all week.

    Sending hugs.


    Megan xxx

    ReplyDelete

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!