Friday, January 18, 2013

Random Thoughts

I tried olio but I'm back to Random Thoughts.  It's my blog and I can call it anything I want.  Olio felt pretentious, and somewhat greasy.
*****
I walked without an assistive device and the Prince Mustangs were very impressed with me.

"How can you do that?" asked  one of my companions as we trekked around the playground at recess this noon.  Before I could answer, the second grade responded.

"We healed her," was the reply that filled my soul.
*****
The President's kids are thrust into the spotlight and the mixed race son of a single mother is an elitist, thanks to the National Rifle Association.

I have no words.
*****
I had stickers in my pocket when TBG and I met up at Five Guys for lunch today.  I offered the one stuck to my finger to the cashier, and her red-eye-shadowed-eyes lit up as her mouth said yes and her hand reached out to grab it.  She willingly allowed me to put a second one on the other side of her apron.

Why did I ever spend a dime on a toy for my children?  I could have given them stickers and they'd have been just as happy.
*****
Pieces of my family are sticking fingers in my heart.  I'm trying to avoid fanning the flames by denying them oxygen; I've chosen to ignore the message that hurt me.

Brave words, but somewhat less than true.  I've not responded, but I can't ignore the fact of it.  It's bumping around in my brain, unwanted but unmoved.  On the outside, there's no drama of my making.  On the inside, it's a totally different story.
*****
I made a new friend this week.  We each have a brand new Samsung Galaxy S3 smartphone which was foisted upon us by the demise of our much loved but broken stupid phones.  She made a list.  I wanted a copy.  We laughed, held up our phones, and agreed that it would be wonderful if we could put them back to back and send the information the way they do on the commercials.

Unfortunately, neither of us had a clue how to do it... and we didn't ask any of the 20-somethings standing nearby to help.

"Watson, come here! I need you!" seems an awfully long time ago.
*****

4 comments:

  1. Ahh, a/b, brave woman who laughs away the tears, you absolutely know that ignoring what hurts doesn't really make it go away... After my sweetie shot himself, people said the most dreadful things to me, all, I assume, thinking they were helping. In my shock at their callousness, I chose to believe that, because they had zero clue as to what I was feeling and living, they had no idea how painful their words were to me. So can you neutralize the painful poke to your heart by forgiving their ignorance of your feelings? And I was also grateful that they were clueless, grateful that life had not clobbered them in the same way it had dealt me a blow that brought me to my knees, and hoped they would forever be innocent of such pain. That helped me a lot. Virtual hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the we healed her from the second graders. So awesome! :)

    Don't even get me started on the NRA ad. I was completely revolted by it. And I thought they couldn't stoop any lower, but somehow they did.

    We don't eat at Five Guys very often, but just tonight I was thinking, "Gosh, I would love a burger from Five Guys". Even before I read your post.

    Laughing at the Samsung passing of info. I have idea how that works either, but then again, I'm an iPhone user. Wish we had that function. It's way cool.

    Have a great weekend.


    Megan xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I waited nearly the entire day to hear/see/read the words that finally made my day complete:

    ("I walked without an assistive device and the Prince Mustangs were very impressed with me.
    "How can you do that?" asked one of my companions as we trekked around the playground at recess this noon. Before I could answer, the second grade responded.
    "We healed her," was the reply that filled my soul.")

    "We Healed Her" Oh My....Forgive me but I need a bit of tissue right now...how amazing these little people are. That was MY story, the one I really NEEDED to hear for today....Thanks so much for being you and posting it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. daring lady that jokes aside the actual holes, a person completely realize that disregarding exactly what affects does not truly allow it to be disappear... Following my personal sweetheart chance themself, individuals stated probably the most terrible items to me personally, just about all, I suppose, considering these were assisting. During my surprise from their own callousness, We made a decision to think that, simply because they experienced absolutely no idea in regards to what We had been sensation as well as residing, they'd absolutely no concept exactly how unpleasant their own phrases had been in my experience. Therefore are you able to reduce the effects of the actual unpleasant stick for your center through forgiving their own lack of knowledge of the emotions?




    ultimate team coins
    Buy ESO Gold
    fifa ultimate team coins

    ReplyDelete

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!