Thursday, March 21, 2024

Who's Next?

This week has been filled with people telling me they're moving.  It's been a lot.

My physician, a woman whose advice I believe and whose manner I cherish, got a better job offer in Scottsdale and will be gone in September.  She promises to leave me in good hands, but I liked her hands.  

She is the fourth young, female, primary care doctor I've seen here in Tucson who has moved on to brighter pastures in other cities.  It's getting harder to imagine starting all over again as I get older.  Having some history with those advising me on life (and death?) matters would be lovely.

G'ma always said to be sure your doctors are younger than you so they won't be retiring (or dying) just when you needed them most.  Apparently, that advice is moot in the 21st century.

She was the first.  Today, the New Neighbors came over to visit in our driveway.  We admired the bluebells. They told me they were selling their house.  

I finally got used to them being in JannyLou and Fast Eddie's house and now they are leaving.  They have family near Lake Winnipesaukee.  Their house is beautiful but really big for two.  They can snowbird between Tucson and New Hampshire but they won't be next door.

Some things come in threes.  I'm wondering who will be next.  

At least I won't be surprised.   


6 comments:

  1. We have been in our house for almost 46 years. I think we are a rarity. We live in a mobile society.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our newest neighbors (in the house for only 5 months) just sold and moved because they could not find adequate medical care here. Finding a primary care physician has become very difficult in many places.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's difficult here to find a PC who's accepting new patients, too.
      a/b

      Delete
  3. Up here in Prescott many doctors are leaving (could it be that Yavapai Regional Medical Center was better off before they affiliated with Dignity Health?) including mine who will be joining a concierge service. There might be plenty of people here that can afford that, but I'm sure not one of them. I was going to find a new doctor within the YRMC/Dignity physician's group, until I was offered an early DECEMBER appointment as the first she had available. Now I'm just hoping that an unaffiliated doctor/NP/PA or whatever can see me in the next several months before all my prescriptions run out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are living the rural health crisis.... and Dignity is not a great choice. Hope you can find somebody.... nine months out is ridiculous.
      a/b

      Delete

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!