Friday, March 22, 2024

Water Cooler Conversation

Are you watching March Madness?  Have you completed a bracket to be entered to win zillions of dollars through ESPN and its marketing affiliates or are you in a family pool dating back to the last century?  Do you not care at all, but fraternize with those who do? 

I watched so you didn't have to.  If you need some tidbits to make it seem like you're part of the conversation, try these:

  • Oakland beat Kentucky in a close game.  If you agree that that Oakland kid sure could shoot you'll be fine.
  • Arizona looked flat as a pancake in the first half, then acted as if their half time beverage was Red Bull spiked with amphetamines.  They won  by 20 points.
  • Tom Izzo's Michigan State team looked just fine as they trounced Mississippi State.  He's got a long record of near success in the tournament.  We shall see.....
  • Tommy Lloyd, Arizona's coach (okay, I know a lot about Arizona for some reason.....) got his first basketball coaching job from the man whose team he beat in the first round on Thursday.  What goes around comes around.
  • Yale just couldn't compete.
  • Duquesne confused me - the announcers kept referring to Duke and I kept looking for Coach K.  How wrong I was on all counts.
  • Oregon is looking real good now that their big man is healthy.
  • It's fun to see St. Peter's (last year's Cinderella team) back again.
  • And did you see Sister Jean?? She's 104!!
That should be enough to hold you until Monday.  I'll be back then with the weekend's round up.  My brain will be overflowing with basketball, balanced with a sprinkling of mysteries to read.

I love March Madness.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am only keeping track of my Pacific Northwest teams. Oregon, Gonzaga, and Washington State all advanced!

    ReplyDelete

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!