Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Should It Stay?

Or should it go?
You probably have one or three or more of them in your pantry or a cabinet or under the oven in the drawer that's supposed to be used to keep muffins and things warm while the rest of the dinner catches up.

There are four of them that look just like that.  They get the job done.  I don't worry about getting every corner as clean as it might be because the stains are from cookies and biscuits and crescent rolls and other goodies I made for those I love.  

I bought a new one last summer.  It didn't take long for it to acquire that same patina.... only slightly less unsightly.  

The ones in the drawer worked for these potatoes


as they've worked for similar meals over the last who knows how many years.  

Did I move them with me from California or did I treat myself to new ones for my new home?  

Do I want to spend money on something that won't look new for very long?  

Does it really bother me that much?

I think, once again, that my fingers typing to you have answered the question.

Thanks.

4 comments:

  1. That pan looks like everything in my kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought something similar, Kathy. My cookware is used, not as much as it once was, but it is used and looks used, and that is okay with me.

      Delete

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!