"Are you and the President friends?"
"I'm his lawyer."
At a certain point, the rest of us have to stand up and shake the 37% of Americans who think that this shit is okay. It's really really not.
JD says that if Watergate happened today, it would be a 12-hour news story. I have been thinking about that since he said it last month. No matter how I spin it, I can't make it okay. He's telling us that his administration's sins dwarf Nixon's. And he doesn't seem to mind.
It's not okay. It's really not.
Pete Buttigieg just explained it all very clearly while talking to Jen Psaki. We are in a moment where real change can happen. FFOTUS certainly broke everything, but that doesn't mean we have to put it back together the same way.
Real thoughts spoken in complete sentences combined into paragraphs and plans and ideas and I really really really hope he gets to be president. Soon.
I'm on an extended birthday celebration weekend at our family property on Whidbey Island. I'm a year older now and perhaps wiser? I'm doing like FIFA and Spain did, and cutting Trump out of the picture, at least for now.
ReplyDeleteThanks for keeping me posted with glimmers of his increasing awfulness.
I watch and read and listen so you don't have to do the same. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Deleteab
I love Mayor Pete, but I don't think he can get elected to national office. Too many Americans would refuse to vote for a gay man married to another man. I wish it weren't true. :(
DeleteSadly, I have to agree with Laura, Mayor Pete would be an excellent President, but the ignorance and prejudices of so many Americans would prevent them voting for him. And that is this county's great loss.
ReplyDelete