Thursday, July 30, 2026

In Search of Lost Time

FlapJilly's birthday was July 29th.  Her mother called us so that we could sing happy birthday to her.  Usually, we make that phone call on our own.  That happens when I decide that it is July 29th.

Unfortunately, I spent all day Wednesday knowing it was the 28th.

How does this happen to me?  

Without a school or work schedule to follow, I end up at Pilates on Monday when I'm scheduled for Tuesday.... or I miss my eldest grandchild's birthday.

Spending days in the hospital added to the problem, especially when they don't update the day/date white board in the patient's room.

As G'ma said when asked for the day and date during her mental status exam - Do you have a newspaper?  That information is in the top right corner.

If only the print edition of the local paper weren't $90 a month......

No comments:

Post a Comment

I KNOW THE FONT IS TOO SMALL......