Friday, September 13, 2024

Football's Back

Dinner plans with friends are now contingent on the 49'ers' schedule.  

I'm thinking of downloading the NFL app for quicker access to the answers to TBG's random questions.  He has his own phone and could search on his own, but it's so much nicer when you tell me things, and how can I argue with that?

RedZone still confuses me.  When I look up and see a red team going from left to right and then look up again and see a red team going from right to left it takes my brain a while to remember that it's probably a different game.  

The Pac 12 became the Pac 2 and is now the Pac 6.  The Big 10 teams were 17-1 in the first week of non-conference play.  This also makes my brain hurt.

With my hearing aids in or out, the game and the commentary become white noise as I type to you or read (Challenger) or play silly games on my phone.  TBG takes great joy in the things I do hear, things that bring me out of my fog and into his.  This evening it was Ice Station Zebra.

And although Mitch Trubitsky (who?), the quarterback the Chicago Bears drafted instead of Patrick Mahomes (best QB ever?) is now riding the bench in Buffalo, he still has a great name for football.

2 comments:

  1. Here in Pac-12 country we are pissed that our former teams are not being broadcast except on pay for streaming channels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so annoying and disrespectful to the loyal fan base.
      a/b

      Delete

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!