Monday, March 12, 2018

Quotes from the Tucson Festival of Books

Scott Turow called Presumed Innocent “a gynecological mystery”
******
What to do with an unwanted thought? According to Greg Iles, “we’ll have to leave that where Jesus flung it.”
*****
Iles writes from the first person present viewpoint, rather than via omniscient narrator, “because I don’t know any gods personally.”
*****
Dan Millman quoted Daniel Day Lewis’s father - “I write not to be understood but to understand.”
*****
“Snood is a fun word to say.”  Watching Billy Collins shrug and say that from my front row seat was fun, too.
*****
Juan Felipe Herrera, US Poet Laureate from 2015-2017, looked out on the full house and spread his arms wide. “I am so happy we are all together. This is the society we want......the ease.....”
*****
And I’ll leave you with that smile for now.  More details tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!