Wednesday, March 28, 2018

I Had A Moment

I joined Moms Demand Action in the Rose Garden outside the State Capitol in Phoenix today.

I parked without knowing exactly where they'd be gathering, and I walked through the lot and around the building before I found them.

There were enough chairs and benches and tables for everyone, some in the shade and some in the sun, but I wandered around, crossing the grass, greeting old friends and making new ones.

I stepped over and around the boxes under the tent.  I walked back and forth in the State Museum Building looking for the cafeteria (it closed 6 months ago).  I stood for the group photo and moved with enthusiasm for the boomerang (which is something on social media I didn't quite understand). I walked to offices and meetings.  Hours passed.

And then, I had a moment.

My hip was not in the way.

I stood in the sunshine.  I walked on the grass.  I wandered.  I congregated.  I gyrated.

I'm still not perfect, but today came pretty close.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a really good day. So happy for you, Ashleigh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a new follower! I'm looking for blogs of authentic women who matter! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a great feeling when you realize you are just OK!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! When my health is an afterthought, I'm happy :-)
      a/b

      Delete

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!