Thursdays
I was morose all day. I'm really feeling the loss of a big piece of who I am. I cannot imagine wearing a Cornell t-shirt right now.
I tried to talk myself into a smile, but then the radio told me that the Tompkins County DA misrepresented lied about the victim's original statement. Now I'm mad at him, too.
The Prince gardeners brought me joy, as always, although the mud play may have gotten just a bit out of hand. But driving home was a rerun of driving down there.
There's no escaping it.
Plus, the Cleveland Browns quarterback has recovered from his knee injury; an unrepentant serial sexual predator, he was booed at first. Now he's winning games and the fans are cheering.
I wouldn't want to share a locker room with him.
Plus, more reporting confirms that Bibi knew what Hamas was planning plus the Republican candidate for Ohio's governorship wants people on Social Security to get off the couch and go to work PLUS goddamn if that freaking horrible gilded arch isn't going to have drones and missiles on top.
I really used to like Thursdays. Magnum, PI and NYPD Blue and friends and pizza around our projection tv. After work picnics at Chicago's Fullerton beach, toasting the upcoming weekend. Girls' Night for poker and gossip and money. Thinking about all that has me smiling right now.
I'm going to leave it there.
It's just that it's been six years of depressing FFOTUS Thursdays and I'm really really tired of it all.
Comments
Post a Comment
I KNOW THE FONT IS TOO SMALL......