Faces
There were so many faces in my house yesterday. This morning, there are only two.
We're delighted that the grandbabies motivated TBG to get up and get moving. We are planning many trips. Life is too short to spend it far from those we love.
The distance seems greater just after they leave. I find myself sighing a lot. The hugs, the hide and seek, the outstretched and seeing comfort from Grandma.... I miss them terribly.
HoneyBunny's plaintive "I want you to come to my home home." Fig bars coexisting with the Persian rugs. Peaches and apples on cutting boards. Princesses on the television. Wipes on every surface and more in a box in the garage.
And their faces. Smeared with oatmeal or licking the frosting off the beaters; pivoting around a straw or Chew; laughing or telling serious stories but always with those eyes and those cheeks and that hair.
I miss those faces.
Here are some to brighten your day.
I feel a little better now. Hope it made you smile, too.
![]() |
| That's Chew, hanging from the pacifier. |
I feel a little better now. Hope it made you smile, too.
After all, the alternative was a screed about the DOJ threatening to raze the Kennedy Center. This was a better choice.







Good stuff. I love the sorting exercise using the dishwasher basket! Facebook has been posting memories from 15 years ago. Shutterfly has been sending me photos from 12 years ago. They seem to know just how to touch those feelings. Our granddaughter sent us her senior portraits. She and her mother are planning a trip to NYC in the early spring to celebrate with her dance group. So much to celebrate. Please do all you can to not miss any of these precious years.
ReplyDelete