Best Child Rearing Advice, Ever - A Snippet

I had this quote from Dr. Spock on my refrigerator when The Cuters were kids:
All parents do their best job when they have a natural, easy confidence in themselves. Better to make a few mistakes from being natural than to try to do everything letter-perfect out of a feeling of worry.
Or, as MTF wrote, in a postcard that was affixed right above Dr. Spock:
CONGRATULATIONS! Remember this: no matter what you do, you’ll feel guilty. So, you might as well do what you want to do and hope for the best.
Words to live by, indeed.


Comments

  1. Wow! I think those words need to be on EVERY refrigerator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy, I can't tell you the number of times I stood in front of that stainless steel surface, reminding myself that I had done the best I could do, despite my shortcomings :-)
      a/b

      Delete

Post a Comment

I KNOW THE FONT IS TOO SMALL......

Popular posts from this blog

Tough

A Gentle Monsoon

What I Know