Monday, October 16, 2017

Re-Entry

I'm having issues. 

It was only 525 miles round trip, but the air was different and the company was different and I was, for a day or two, different, too.

Re-entry is jarring. 

I have dozens of emails; I'm ignoring them all.  The refrigerator is empty; I really don't care.  I walked around the backyard, watering and deadheading and reorganizing networks of vines, but the effort was desultory at best. 

I read Langston Hughes essays and tried to ignore the tv; I hadn't heard one all weekend.  I avoided all electronics, with one exception.  The Cubbies were invited into my cocoon, via phone apps. 

Tomorrow is a full day, and the week to follow even fuller.  Tonight, I'm going to pretend that I'm still on vacation.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!