Monday, April 17, 2017

Bump! A Follow Up Report

The Uv's insurance claim was registered, but no action had been taken.  

When the phone rang at 5:30 the next morning I flashed to G'ma (Nope, she's dead. Yes, it's raw; it was 5:30 in the morning, people!) Who else?  My adrenaline, already stoked from the fender bender, was aluminum in the back of my throat before I said Hello.

"Ma'am, this is Maria from Erie Insurance calling about your claim number......"

"Do you know that it is 5:30 in the morning here?"

"Oh. No. I am So Sorry. I'll call back."

"Will you?" I wondered, and I hung up the phone.

We connected later, the company is taking full responsibility, I can go to my preferred repair shop, they'll get me an Enterprise loaner car, the appraiser will meet me and write the check on the spot, and yes, I was sure that I was feeling fine.

PTSD, the gift that keeps on giving.  I was fine as far as the claim is concerned.  The rest of me, the part that goes a little nutty and has a hard time finding its way back to center, that part is still a work in progress.


1 comment:

  1. 5:30 in the morning! Do they not even check where they are calling? I'm sorry about the accident. That's happened to me in DC rush-hour traffic. I was sitting at a light and someone ran into the back of me, which pushed my car forward and I hit the car in front of me. The person hitting me though, was much worse than me hitting the car in front of me. Probably because I had my foot on the brake when it happened. Nonetheless, it wasn't fun. I did have whiplash from the hit. I'm just glad you are alright.

    In Seattle all week.

    Sending hugs.


    Megan xxx

    ReplyDelete

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails