Wednesday, March 18, 2015

I'm Sick

with a terrible cold and it's all I can do to move my fingers over the keyboard.

But, I never want to disappoint you so, today I'm sending you to a beautiful pieces of writing, found for me by Little Cuter.

This link takes you to Stanford Medical's Spring 2015 issue.

Here's a taste, from the very end:
When you come to one of the many moments in life when you must give an account of yourself, provide a ledger of what you have been, and done, and meant to the world, do not, I pray, discount that you filled a dying man’s days with a sated joy, a joy unknown to me in all my prior years, a joy that does not hunger for more and more, but rests, satisfied. In this time, right now, that is an enormous thing.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, AB, feel better. I will check out this other site. Hopefully, I can pin some words of wisdom.

    Take care of you!

    Sending hugs,


    Megan xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you are sick. Hope you feel better soon

    ReplyDelete

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!