Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Decorating Has Begun

I went with the big white poinsettias from Costco this year.  
They were at the top of the rolling shelf and I got them down myself.
That alone makes them gorgeous in my eyes.
I took your advice and repurposed the ice bucket with the smashed lid into a plant holder.
This amaryllis is from last year. 
It has been living on the edge of the bathtub since the bloom faded last February.
Just a little bit of water perked it right up.  

The Santas are at the table, wondering where the food is.

This see-saw Santa's left most of his reindeer behind.... just ask any 4 year old.

I seem to be developing a small but significant collection of ugly reindeer

I'm noticing a Santa theme this year.
I'm feeling smug about buying a dozen red tapers at the grocery store when they were on sale for $1 each.
It was lovely to have brand-new-just-what-I-needed-when-I-needed-it.

As Santa's hangin' out above the big screen, I wish you


this year and always.

3 comments:

  1. To decorate or not to decorate, that is the question. I think our answer this year will be "some."

    Hope your decorations mean that folks will be gathering for the holiday at your house. May all be merry and bright.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have to laugh at the ugly reindeer. At first I was like what the heck is that? LOL!

    Love the cross stitched pillow and it has my favorite Christmas message.


    Megan xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have set out some perfect little touches of Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!