Friday, June 24, 2011

Floating on a Pillow of Love

I am happily too tired to type.  I am exhausted, denizens.  Plum tucker'd out.  Too pooped to pop.

I spent the day at a Thank You party at the hospital.  I spent it walking and hugging and walking and hugging and keeping my distance as much as I could from the media... most of whom I now hug and greet by name .... and hugging and walking some more.

All the guests wanted to see me walk.  Everyone was thrilled.  Totally and completely and marvelously thrilled.

They had seen me filleted and bloodless and wounded and broken.  They had seen me en-tubed and swaddled and crying for my Mommy.  I couldn't roll over or breathe on my own or do anything but be tended.  I am alive because they made it so.

So, I walked.  I walked for each and every one of them, each and every time they asked.

The cameras caught the hugging and crying and smiling and laughing and not one of them caught me walking.  And that was perfect.  Because the afternoon wasn't about me... or Randy... or Mavy.... or only in as much as we were the people under their care.  As Dr. Joseph said on camera tonight, these folks are there for all of us, all of the time.

There are many reasons to love Tucson.  The University Medical Center is just one of them.... and I am here to tell you so.

9 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh - tears in my eyes. So you ARE getting better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And we are here to be grateful for that good care you received! Sounds like a mutual admiration society, the best kind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray to you for giving thanks to the great people at UMC. And just think, they perform miracles just like you every day, and usually don't get any recognition at all for doing it. Good for you, girl!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you are doing so much better -and thank you for keeping this up and us all posted on your recovery! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Affirmation and Validation have a tendency to do that to us, doesn't it? I am so thankful for a couple of things-1.) that you are alive and recovering 2.) you had plenty of skilled individuals to take care of you 3.) that you can celebrate life...
    I truly enjoy your fighting spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. One more step to healing! I bet you slept well after that party.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am grateful to hear that you are improving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. So good, I bet, for the hospital staff to see you all whole again, and healing. What a gift.

    ReplyDelete

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!