Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Brought to Justice

You don't get indicted for lying.

You get indicted for conspiring to deny Americans their right to vote, to have those votes count, and for those votes to be counted.  

Just like the Mar-a-Lago document, the indictment reads like a legal thriller.  MSNBC suggested assigning it to your book club.  TBG and I are reading the pdf I printed out together.  There is a lot of headshaking on our couch as we turn the pages.  

It's damning.  It's terrifying.  It's absolutely inconceivable to me how anyone could think this man is qualified, capable, or deserving of serving as President of the United States, yet the news this morning was how close the 2024 race will be.

We shall see.  

It is not an "UnAmerican attack" as the lying liar claims.  It's democracy.  It's the justice system at work.

And try as he might, the lying liar does not seem capable of destroying it.

7 comments:

  1. I heard on NPR last night that most people who are running for higher office would try to cover up any legal issues. This man isn't; he's actually actively making the issue part of his campaigning. And his base is buying into it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Literally buying into it.... sending him money... but he's a billionaire, isn't he???
      a/b

      Delete
  2. Astounding isn't it? This guy is a lifelong con man, criminal, racist, and all around lowlife. And yet a large portion of the Republican party thinks he has done nothing wrong. He tried to overturn an election that he lost and install himself as president. He is dangerous, period! He's also busy poisoning the jury pool with his on-line rantings, not to mention threatening the DOJ people that are prosecuting him. How anyone can support him is astonishing to me.
    As I see myself out, remember two things, Fani Willis is coming and ETTD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I commend you for reading "the whole thing"! I will read a newspaper article and listen to/watch some news. That's all I can take. I have arthritis in my neck so there is only so much head shaking I want to do. :-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MSNBC has been rehashing it for hours.... Neal Katyal has a good podcast and Joyce Vance on Substack summarize it and you won't be head shaking, you'll be screaming!
      a/b

      Delete

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!