Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Meditating

I missed it when I stopped, then I forgot to notice its absence.  But COVID was getting me down last month, so I started up again.

Deepak Chopra's collaboration with Oprah passed me by the first time it was aired, but the interwebs are a wonderful place to find that which has passed.  And so, on YouTube, I bookmarked the 21 Days of Abundance, and started my practise again.

The sessions are about 15 minutes long, and begin with a vaguely woo-woo talk touching on the philosophy of Abundance.  He tells me that I create my personal abundance from an infinite source, and my snarky New York self battles with my open-to-new-experiences self as I try to still my mind and absorb the peace.

It's a challenge.

There's a summary statement at the end of each presentation; some of them made me open my eyes and write them down.

There is a way I can fulfill my true purpose in life.

Today, and every day, I give that which I want to receive.

Today, I focus on what I want to attract to my life.

Some of them are harder to parse, and niggle at my brain, like Attention energizes; Intention Transforms.  It keeps folding in and around and over itself.

And then there are the ones that surprise me.  For example - The night before, we watched the 1934 version of The Count of Monte Cristo.  The morning's meditation left me with this thought:  As I live in present moment awareness, I live the magic of synchronicity.  The afternoon's conversation with old friends wound around serious topics only to end with Not-Kathy declaring that Dumas' classic was her favorite book, one she read over and over again.

I smiled, living the magic of synchronicity.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!