Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Pent Up Comments

Well.... see what happens when I write about politics?!  Long-time denizens take to their keyboards and create thoughtful responses to my dilemma.  I thought I'd be writing about hosting a friend who's considering relocating Tucson; instead, I'm back in the political saddle again.

I'm no fan of James Comey - I think he cost Hillary the election.  Had I not been a Never-Trump person, I don't know that I would have voted for her.  I never trusted her, (you know that, Stacy) but at least she had the knowledge base to do the job. 

Was/Is she moral? Not by my standards, but who am I to judge?  Any woman who tried to make her mark in the political arena in the late 20th and early 21st centuries deserves kudos.  They were all braver than I was.  I cannot imagine the abuses, the discomfort, the disrespect they must have endured, with no recourse, with few allies, walking an unpaved path. 

Still, while I wish both parties had given us better choices, unlike DJT I don't think there were good people on both sides.  I don't think he is a good person.  Anyone who lived in New York City knows that Trump was the village idiot, good for a laugh, certainly not to be taken seriously.  He and Howard Stern exemplified toxic masculinity.  They were over the top and acted like they knew it.  Anything for attention.  Anything at all. 

Is the media biased?  Toward ratings, absolutely.  Against Trump?  Perhaps now, but I still remember Katy Tur and NBC showing two hours of an empty hall before Trump arrived, giving him and his views and his supporters free air time.  There were many Republican candidates, but none as ratings worthy as Trump. 

Add that to the Russian's help, and we're stuck where we are, today.

Rain, I don't think you have to worry about being trolled on my little out of the way blog. I, too, remember J Edgar Hoover and Nixon's enemies list, when the FBI was doing his dirty work.  Having met Bob Mueller I have total confidence in the report he will present, but I don't know that I would have such a strong point of view had TBG and I not spent time with him.  Being interviewed by the Director of the FBI isn't something we're likely to forget, but we remember his presence more than his title.

Are there excellent FBI agents?  I'm sure there are.  Are there honorable people who are trying to remain within the Republican Party?  Perhaps there are.  But censuring Rep. King is a very small step toward civility in governance.  When an emergency arises overnight, after two years of total control, when anything at all could have been funded, I don't think it matters which side you're on. 

We're being played. 

4 comments:

  1. Well, I wrote a lot about what I thought but it was too much. I opened up that political blog, which I had closed last year. If you are interested in my thinking on this, it's at-- A Few Thoughts. Feel free to comment if you are interested. I am not sure how long I'll keep that blog live as right now politics are depressing to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, dear. I'm sorry to have ripped off that bandaid, Rain. I, too, was trying to stay away politics, but I ran out of kid pictures to share :-)
      I'll drop by A Few Thoughts.
      a/b

      Delete
  2. I don't know why, but every time I login and try and post, my posts disappear. So I'm just doing it with my name. I've been to your blog the whole month of January--since I'm home and this keeps occurring. :(

    Anyway... I was really angry at Comey when he released that letter and that jerk Chavez leaked it to the press. I do think Comey feels a sense of remorse. I have gotten that feeling from his posts on Twitter. But he isn't the only one to blame. As you said, the media gave IQ45 lots of free airtime. That was just enough to sway some voters. And then you have the Russian conspiracy.

    What I cannot get my head around are the people who are not up in arms about a US President being investigated for treason. People should be rioting in the streets and yet he still sits in the White House. There is something seriously wrong with what is happening. This should not be happening and any other time in our history, this would be grounds for the person being walked out in handcuffs. I know we have to wait until Mueller is done, but how much will have IQ45 done in the meantime.

    The whole thing, along with the shutdown, has me quite depressed. I am happy though that the GOP are finally going to censure King. It's about damn time! Although, I don't really feel like they are doing it out of any sense of decency. Just my take on it.

    Hang in there. I think we are in for more of this roller-coaster.

    Sending hugs!


    Stacy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! Amazing article dude! Thanks, However I am encountering issues with your RSS. I don’t know the reason why I cannot join it. Is there anybody having the same RSS problems? Anybody who knows the solution can you kindly respond? Thanx!!
    FR Suits

    ReplyDelete

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!