Friday, October 16, 2015

Good Friends - A Snippet

It stopped drizzling.  The air was warm and scented and the sky was orange and navy and Amster was on one chair, Seret was on another, and JannyLou shared the end of my lounge.

The steaks were cooling next to the bbq, the prosecco was bubbling in our glasses, the guys were watching the Mets defeat the Dodgers.

I was surrounded by the women who know me the best, the women who would, and did, drop everything to rush to my bedside.

But, this evening there was no bathos, no sorrow.  There were giggles and stories and hugs.... so many many hugs.

Life is good.

2 comments:

  1. These are the best kind of women to have around us--women who will be there for us; no matter what.

    Hope you had a lovely time and have a great weekend.


    Megan xxx

    ReplyDelete

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!