Friday, October 23, 2015

A Snippet From 9+ Hours of Testimony

From TBG's lips:
And isn't it interesting that, once again, a woman has to be smarter than everyone else.....
and she is.
I'm not a big fan of Mrs. Clinton.  I think she plays fast and loose with the truth (see Tysons' Foods profits in the 1980's).  I'm not talking Vince Foster rumors, but how did those Travelgate papers get on a family only table in the White House?  I think she has an interesting relationship with what the rest of us would deem appropriate.

I don't fault her for personality traits; I cannot imagine that it is possible to rise to her level of influence without being ruthless (Joe Biden, it seems, to the contrary) and I think ruthless in women is characterized through a different lens.  I don't think there's an unbiased view out there and I don't have a personal one...

Except when she was at a rally in Tucson, with Chelsea, and I watched them together and it felt right.
And then a woman fainted in the front row and Mrs. Clinton was down on her knees on the stage, in her blue pantsuit (because we always report on what women are wearing, even when could-and-don't point out the men wearing Hermes ties), refusing to go on, despite her handlers' pleas, until the EMT's arrived.

She's a mom, and it showed.  One thing on which we all can agree is that Chelsea is a fairly normal human being.  Her parents can take some credit for that, I think.

I worry about myself, though.  I'm watching her impress the hell out of us, with her well-spoken, detailed, self-serving-but-why-not answers and I'm beginning to think she looks damn Presidential.
I'm beginning to believe that a sterling character may not be a necessary characteristic for a President.
 
 

9 comments:

  1. If we had any kind of options on the Republican side, she might not seem so inevitable. We have Carson saying the Department of Education should regulate political views on campuses and Trump saying he wouldn't mind closing all mosques. Then one of the Republican establishment guys, Crystal, favors Rubio with Fiorina (the woman who damaged two corporations when she was CEO) as his veep-- the same establishment guy, who handed us Palin as a veep. Seriously, do they have one single candidate who is sensible and cares at all about the good of the ordinary American people? If they do, I haven't heard from them yet. And for women's bodily issues, don't get me started! I might be past the point where that matters but I have a granddaughter coming up and I don't want white guys making rules that take away her choices or force her into back alleys as was common when I was a girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. old guys... too bad there's not an edit feature on comments ;)

      Delete
    2. Old white guys .... young HIspanics .... young white guys..... they are terrifying. Ben Carson is living in an alternative universe, looking for the military to lead our foreign policy and receive the bulk of our tax dollars.

      Yes, she seems inevitable.... and I can't get excited about her.

      DAMN.
      a/b

      Delete
  2. As I watched the marathon witch-hunt, I began thinking that Hillary just was, maybe, presidential after all. How she kept her cool was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was SO well prepared, wasn't she? I still don't trust her, but she did look Presidential.
      a/b

      Delete
  3. Well, you know my feelings on Hillary (from my Facebook page). I adore her and I think she would make a great president. She's also the only person who has totally embraced Moms Demand Action. Even yesterday at an event here in Alexandria, she made it a point to greet the Moms members. She believes in gun control and when she's in office, I have no doubt she will take action on guns (even if our lame Congress will do nothing).

    And as much as I love Obama, I voted for Hillary in our primary in 2008. I've always liked her and the spectacle on Thursday, made me like her even more. How she didn't give those jerks a collected f-u, is beyond me--but that's the difference between me and her. She has to rise above the fray and she doesn't it beautifully.

    Have a lovely weekend.


    Megan xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the fact that YOU like her makes me somewhat more comfortable with the whole thing. Her support of Moms Demand Action and sensible gun legislation in general is the main reason I am able to vote for her. It's a nice fantasy to imagine that SOMETHING will happen should she be elected.
      a/b

      Delete
  4. That should be does it beautifully. Wish I could edit my posts when I make a mistake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both you and Rain made the same complaint. I will forward it on to Blogger.
      a/b

      Delete

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!