Friday, December 5, 2014

The End of the First Week

Patty the Magnificent cleaned on Tuesday, but there's little evidence of her work left to admire.  The season has taken over the kitchen and I'm sure the mess would extend through the window and onto the patio were anything just a bit more permeable.
 
I've lost the blues and have moved into the whites and the reds and the greens. 
 
Finding anything remotely decorative in a Hanukah palette is next to impossible in Tucson.  I spent Tuesday driving around proving it.  There were many shop clerks with Jews in their families and they commiserated with me.  Bed Bath and Beyond has a nice display, but I want more choices. 

Sadly, you can't always get what you want.

I have blue tissue paper with glitter embedded ... but not very well-embedded ... in its fibers. Little Cuter forbids me to use it around anything that comes into her house. When I forget, she grumbles.
 
She has a dog and a baby and a full-time job so I understand not wanting to add de-glitter-ing the house to her To Do List. But that glitter is the only wonderful item available to wrap around my gifts.
Sometimes, I just can't help myself.
*****
 
I spoke to Bunionella for the first time in much too long and I found Rocky, too.  I love each and every one of my new friends here in the desert, but the shorthand of long-term friendships is very precious to me.  The timer on my phone said we talked for 57 minutes and 27 seconds this morning; it felt like forever and no time at all. 
*****
I took two shopping bags of Priority Mail Small Flat Rate boxes to the post office this afternoon.  Printing out the labels at home saves a few cents and a lot of time at the automatic postage center.  Unfortunately, the USPS website is the buggiest place I go on-line.  Sometimes it is smooth and efficient.  Most times it takes many tries to accomplish a task. 
 
Yesterday, I lost the labels before I could print them.  I'm in negotiations to get the money returned to my credit card, but it's the government (sorta kinda) and we shall see what happens. 
*****
People are holding doors and smiling and the sun has come out after a beautiful morning of rain clouds and moisture in the air.  A sleeveless top and jeans works all day long, and I am reminded of why I live in the Southwest as I imagine sliding over ice covered parking lots.  It seems somewhat churlish to grumble over a minor computer glitch when there's so much good to be found just by looking around.  
 
I can hear MTF right now, wondering where the snarky girl she loved has gone.  I really don't know. 
 
I'm pretty happy right now, though, so I'm going to let it be. 
 
That seems to be the theme of this week, and it's working quite nicely, thank you very much

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!