Friday, December 31, 2010

Words Words Words

I admit it, denizens.  I am frazzled.  Fried.  Toast.  Stick a fork in me; I'm done.

The absence of Cuters and sunshine have combined to give me a case of the blahs, and I really don't need to share them with you.  My usual method of writing - to let my mind wander and my fingers follow along for the ride - will not yield anything worth reading, I fear.

So, for the new year, I leave you with words, mangled and otherwise.  I promise to be back in 2011 with more serious rantings and ravings.  For now, though think about the fact that....

You can be listless, but if you are full of energy does that mean you have list?
This came up in my first he's sick and I don't know what to do phone call to the pediatrician.  In my frantic description I said that Big Cuter was listless.  Sensing my over-concern, the doctor asked if he had had any list in the morning.   It took me a minute, but I was able to laugh.... kinda sorta not really..... but the thought has never left me. 
If you are feeling empathetic toward your fellow man, you are said to commiserate.  By the same token, if you are alone with your sorrows do you miserate?
This morning, Little Cuter and I were emailing about the weather and missing each other and how we were feeding one another's angst and feeling vaguely guilty about it when she put a stop to the whole thing by saying that she didn't need any help, she could miserate with the best of them.   I'm still laughing.
Re leaves itself open to many of these silly things.  Can you  juvenate by exercise and diet?  The fact that you can re-juvenate yourself must imply the existence of a state of juvenation, don't you think?  How can you go back to the original place again (the definition of the prefix re) if you were never there in the first place? 

By the same token, when building a brand new house are you in the process of novatng?  Again, if an old house can be re-novated it had be novate at some point, didn't it?

These are the kinds of things I think about when there's snow in them thar hills

the view from my front yard looking at the Pusch Ridge on December 30, 2010 at 4:30pm

3 comments:

  1. Ha. Even your wool-gathering uses high-grade wool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you no others to add to the list, JES? I was kinda sorta hoping you would. Happy Happy New Year to you and The Missus.
    a/b

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking for some SAT score tips? Consider you've found them

    ReplyDelete

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!