Thursday, January 14, 2010

A Window Into Their World

According to Facebook, the girls in my life are doing a lot of smiling these days.

Listen to this thread between two sisters:

I am just happy to live in a world where the people I care about can be themselves. No matter what that means. Also, a world where there are so many kinds of pie.
status update Yesterday

you better not be eating pie without me.
Yesterday at 5:34pm

You remember the baker lady from the Beth El craft fair? She did the desserts this Shabbat. Had those AWESOME pecan pie squares. Worth eating even if I can't help thinking of that horse.
Yesterday at 5:40pm

meh, i don't count pecan pie as real pie :)
Yesterday at 10:14pm

I have this tooth . . .
Yesterday at 10:15pm

hurl.
Yesterday at 10:16pm

****

There are many questions one might ask: What horse? What tooth? And what was it about the combination of the two that made one want to hurl? But the facts were less important to me than the laughter I could hear in my heart as they reprised family history in shorthand. I'm left to wonder what the people she loves were doing, and what it has to do with pie.

Inquiring aunts want to know.

And then there's this one:

You know those days when you know you shouldn't have gotten out of bed to face the world? Well... I had that exact OPPOSITE day today. YIPPEE SKIPPY joy and love and squeals and hugs to all!

*****

If that doesn't put a smile on your face then you really need to start reading some Dr. Seuss and exercise your grinning musculature. She's just sharing the happiness in her life, and then she's sending it our way. No one asks her what's making her smile; her comments are all of the "good for you" variety.


In one day I got a smile and a warm fuzzy feeling through the ether. It wasn't their intention, I'm sure, and they didn't know (til now) that they'd been with me that day, but it happened to tweak my soul and I wanted to share it with you.

2 comments:

  1. I really needed a Yippee Skippy day, myself, and you've spread the joy so nicely. Thank you for the thoughtful comment on my blog, too. The Blog Universe is a rather nice place...haven't made so many boon companions since Jazzercise! Thanks for the grin.

    ReplyDelete

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!