I'm too worn out for original thought, though everything is going just as planned (for once). Instead, I'm giving you a link to why I think Mayor Pete's Sunday appearance with Joanna Mendoza here in Tucson was abruptly cancelled this afternoon.
TBG and I planned to attend, had signed up on line, were waiting for the exact location to be revealed. Instead, we received a this event is cancelled email with no explanation at all.
Later on, I opened Substack and read this, by my favorite Mayor and Presidential Candidate:
I saw the headlines and a few brief pieces about this horrible incident. I cannot handle much trauma at this point so am not investigating any further, just the small bit I know is enough to set me back. We are living in horrible times.
ReplyDeleteThere are some truly horrible people in this country,
ReplyDeleteDespicable beyond belief. I thought of you and Little Cuter and sent you the NYT alert on this last night. What a sad and sick country we are becoming.
ReplyDeleteIt was paywalled, but I went to the source.
DeleteThe issue hadn't been reported in any of the news channels I follow, so thank you for educating me about it.
ReplyDelete