Thursday, April 4, 2024

And Then There Was This

Except that I couldn't. 

I tried, as I posted yesterday, but I wasn't allowed to create a boarding pass on line. So we waited in line behind humans who had never used a digital device before,  or so their actions suggested.  

We waited. We waited.  We laughed at the absurdity.  We snarled at the sign.  Then an agent motioned us to her station and in two minutes we were done.... until she stepped out from behind the counter and looked at our bags. 

Do you have carry ons?  I didn't pay up for the privilege of using the overhead bin; our bags fit under the seat in front of us.  She looked what she saw and wished us a pleasant flight. 

We were in Group 6, the last people to board.  The gate agent reminded us that our suitcases couldn't go overhead.... and she looked at each passenger's gear very closely as we checked in. 

I haven't felt like a second class person in a long time.  United did their best to remedy that situation today. 

3 comments:

  1. So? Did your bags fit under the seats? There seemed to be much skepticism.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to pay for overhead bins now? We haven't flown for a few years now. If or when we do I guess we are in for a shock. :-/

    ReplyDelete
  3. We always fly Southwest, which allows for two checked bags per person. I knew that other airlines charged for checked bags, but OVERHEAD BIN SPACE?!?

    ReplyDelete

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!