Thursday, February 16, 2023

Weather Woes

It's been cloudy all day.  It was raining when I woke up, and it's continued, intermittently, all day long.  It's not monsoon rain, interesting clouds making raucous noises as the lightning streaks and amazes.  Nope, it's just a low, grey blob, no real shape at all, as far as the eye can see.

Occasionally, there's a patch of blue which lures us outside .... to freeze.  It's 42 degrees out there.  Running into the grocery store for a loaf of bread without taking my scarf (at least) and my jacket (the one with sleeves) was a big mistake.  

The clerk gathering stray carts and I shared a look of utter dismay.  Like Miss Clavell in the middle of the night, I thought something is not right.

Last week I contemplated turning on the pool heater; today, I'm wearing heavy sweatpants and a flannel shirt.  I was going to bbq dinner; instead, I'm contemplating making a pot roast.

The Doula and The Kibbitzer are arriving for an annual hiking and biking two week vacation.  Every time they come, the sun disappears, taking with it the warmth.  I love seeing them, but I'm wondering if I should steer them elsewhere........

2 comments:

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!