Friday, June 2, 2017

Are We Embarrassed Yet?

My Facebook feed is covered with apologies to the civilized world.  Our President may think that saving the jobs of 176,000 coal miners is the only consequence of withdrawing from the Paris Accord, but the rest of us who are inhabiting this planet would tend to disagree.

There's nothing new to say.

Micronesia may be underwater before FlapJilly is old enough to visit on her Junior Year Abroad.  Thanks to the brave governors of New York and California, the air above Manhattan and Los Angeles will remain clear; I fear for Tucson and Phoenixt and my own personal lungs since we inhabit a state run by Trumpian know-nothings.

It's the know-nothing piece which is so aggravating.  I listened to European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker on the radio, in German, and I could feel the scorn even though I didn't understand the words.  Then, I came home and read Hallie Jackson's tweeted translation, and I began to shake.
I've lived my entire life under a Pax Americana.  I wonder what's next. The USofA is no longer in charge.  


6 comments:

  1. I'm just sad. Sad that we have a president who doesn't care about our children and the generations to come. I cried when the AHCA passed the house, but last night was the first time where I really sobbed. It's hard for me to look my children in the faces and explain why this man is doing so much harm to our country. AND I feel helpless to do anything about it. EVERY single day, I wonder "What's it going to be today?"

    I was away for almost a week without WiFi and no cell service and I can tell you that it was wonderful--I did wonder if I would be coming back to the America I know (I was out of the country). I don't know how much more of this any of us can take. My heart literally races every day from the anxiety.

    Miss you!


    Megan xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Little Cuter refuses to have the news on 24/7and it is soooooo calming
      a/b

      Delete
  2. I am trying to stay away from twitter and not follow the news as closely because I get so upset. I know it's not good for my health. This past Easter I got the sickest I have been in years. I know it was b/c of the guy in the White House.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We go feast or famine - we are obsessed and then overwhelmed. I know it's time for a change when I go from the tv to XM radio still listening to MSNBC/CNN on a neverending loop.
      a/b

      Delete

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!