Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Ooops

"You can write your post later while I'm watching .........," he said.

"Is there a movie on tv?" I replied.

"'The Adjustment Bureau' just started."

It was 4:02pm.  That's my usual blogging time frame, fed by a cocktail (it's 5pm somewhere) and the view through the window in front of the desk.  Matt Damon was a bigger draw, especially when my sweetie invited me to stay put and rub his fevered brow.  Yes, he's still recovering.  Yes, my touch helps.

I was hooked the first time Roger-from-Mad-Men appeared on the screen.  I had no idea what was going on, but Matt Damon was on the screen and I was happy to remember Little Cuter's childhood crush, his the only movie star poster in her teenage room.  He was large - on her door, on her ceiling, in her heart.  He's a less adorable version of SIR.

The movie made no sense, then it fell into a tete-a-tete in the men's room that might possibly be the most honest "They Met Cute" set piece I've seen.  She demands honesty, admires honesty, kisses honesty.

Writing today's post never had a chance.

TBG lost interest along the way, but I was fascinated.  It's a flawed story, no doubt.  It's a love story, no doubt.  It's a religious parable, in a heavy handed, obvious sort of way.  It kept me occupied, then thoughtful, all through the night,

"It was meant to be."

"It's not part of The Plan."

"This cannot be wrong."

That last one caught me.  Their love is dangerous to others, but right for them.  They know it.  He fights it.  He makes decisions for her best interest, and they suffer.  With some semi-divine intervention, strength is renewed, love is found, chase is given, and all's well that ends well.

I'll never look at a hatted passerby in the same way, ever again.

I'll promise not to be so involved in a celluloid thriller that I forget to write to you, ever again.

Oops.

7 comments:

  1. I haven't seen the movie yet, but I do like Matt Damon and Emily Blunt. I rarely get to watch grown-up movies. That's the nature of having three kids. We did watch ParaNorman last week and we watched Hotel Transylvania last night. Both cute movies. My three year-old was scared by ParaNorman and kept covering his eyes. It's sometimes hard to get a movie that appeals to an 11 year-old and a three year-old.

    Glad you liked the movie.

    Messed up on the days. Keep thinking it's Thursday. It's going to be an extra special long week.


    Megan xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Princess Bride works for all generations, Megan.
      So does the original Robin Hood (with Errol Flynn and Olivia de Havilland and Basil Rathbone) and The Mark of Zorro. Babe (the pig movie) calmed Big Cuter's one and only teen temper tantrum.

      I woke up today convinced it was Friday...... it must be contagious!

      Delete
  2. So, thee is human. Bless thy humanness. ;)

    That's my favorite line from a favorite book, "Christy." It seemed to fit. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah yes, my type has been glaringly obvious since puberty :) luckily I found a fellow even cuter to marry me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brian DOES have a similar posture to Matt Damon...but yes, much cuter and adorable. Jenny - 1, Matt Damon - 0 Well played.

      Delete
  4. Ah, Princess Bride. We love that movie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those words at the end of the movie are my favorite part of that movie as well. :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!