Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Further Adventures at BlogHer '11

Yes, I am dancing with a Scrubbing Bubble.

Yes, I am leaning on the world's largest toilet.
(Did you know that Charmin now has a Strong variety? I don't really want to think about that right now.)

Yes, I am exchanging thumbs up with a Dole banana after acquiring an Egglands Best reusable grocery bag.


And yes, that would be my hand in the grasp - or what approximates a grasp - from a can of Pringles.
He was the only one with visible air holes in his outfit.  The rest of us were really really warm.

Claudia Potamkin is my most thoughtful interviewer since Brian Williams.  She got it without being maudlin.  As always with a good questioner, I learned more about myself than I knew before I began.

And this is Laurel House, whose red panties were only part of the fun as we talked about Benefits from Bummers.   And if that's not the best way to describe my life since January 8th I invite you to try your own hand in the comments section below.  Laurel writes QuickieChick.com - check her out and revel in the joy.


And, yes, I did actually participate in the event, with Sarah Manley and Liz Henry.  Sarah's kid dressed up as Daphne from ScoobyDo and 46,000+ comments later she's still blogging.  Liz is a cyber-sleuth and tech-geek who has one of the best decorated lap-tops on the planet as well as an ear for the perfect question to move the discussion along.

I'm going to have one more post on the words that were said at BlogHer '11, because many of them moved me to a new way of considering the world.  All three posts together will serve as my official thank you note to Lisa and Jory and Elisa for throwing one of the best parties I've been to in a very long time.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, gosh, so many new blogs to check out. Am at the office right now; so will have to do it when I get home.

    Btw, you look fab!

    Big hugs,


    Megan xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashleigh dear,
    A question may take the lead, but the answer leaves us with the take home value. Speaking with you about your experience was deeply moving, and refreshingly inspiring all at once .Thank you for your kind words about our interview. What we think about we bring about. You embody compassion, enthusiasm and grace.
    I wish you all the best always, Claudia Potamkin

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so organized!!! I have not posted about BlogHer yet... but I knew you would have it under control for a report back. Was so good to meet you and little cuter in person. Thanks for sharing! Would love to see you do a video blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashleigh, I had so much fun talking with you. Thank you for sharing your story and for having fun with my Bummers w/Benefits and LifeQuickie questions. You are an inspiration. -xx Laurel (QuickieChick)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What I want is to hear what YOU said. That's the part I'd have made the trip for. Did anyone record it? Are those available on the site? Wouldn't a smarter woman go visit the site and see for herself?

    I'm trying to think of something more profound than Benefits From Bummers, but, clearly, my brain is not cooperating at all today. If it hits me, I'll get back to you...probably as a non-sequitur three weeks from now, right in the middle of a totally different subject.

    You know, I would not have expected costumed characters or giant toilet bowls. Really. And I'm very much looking forward to the insights you've brought home.

    ReplyDelete

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!