Friday, May 14, 2010

Modern Poetry

Apparently, the Little Cuter had an adventure on the way to work today.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I did:

Dont even get me started on this day  

Three full buses pass my stop before I can get on
It is pouring rain and thundering
Ive left my rain boots at work
I have squishy feet
I finally get on the fourth bus that comes by our stop
It is still pouring rain
There is bumper to bumper traffic on LSD
Whats that? Why did the lights go out on the bus?
Oh because the bus DIED
Hey look! Hes trying to start the bus up again
IN THE MIDDLE OF LAKE SHORE DRIVE
The bus is working again!
Wait
Whats that?
Are we coasting?
Where did the engine noise go?
We DIED? AGAIN!?
Where are the lights?
What are we going to do?
Oh, were going to wait for another bus?
What time is it now? 8:20?
What time did I leave my apartment and begin waiting for the bus? 7:35?
Oh, you want us to WALK ACROSS LAKE SHORE DRIVE TO GET ON ANOTHER BUS?
IN THE POURING RAIN?
Oh SURE
Because I dont care for my health and safety or anything
PHEW! Im on another bus!
What the F*^#@ is that up there?
A MERGE SIGN?
ON LASALLE!?
DURING RUSH HOUR?
ON A THURSDAY!?
FLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
I guess Ill just get out and walk?
Oh right, Im a mile away from work
And 15 minutes late already
And the guys need a special presentation for the morning meeting and only I have access to it on my email
Awesome.
And its STILL RAINING! And Im walking, and wait, whats that sensation?
Thats a car spraying me with its entrails as it speeds through a puddle. 
Thanks CABBIE.
Was that lightning?
Should I just go home?
No, persevere.. and Ive ARRIVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why did I get out of bed again this morning?

Seriously.