Monday, June 22, 2009

Laundry

The thing about laundry is that the clothes just get dirty again. No matter what you do. No matter how careful you are. Eventually, the jeans have to go in the wash. You've run out of not only the "I want to wear them" but the "I can wear them" and even the "what would my mother say" underwear.

You can keep a kitchen clean by never cooking. Paper plates and plastic wear, eating right from the delivery carton, baggies instead of Tupperware, drinks from cans or recycle-able bottles (and yes, I recycle every one I touch - to the amusement and bemusement of my family) - you could never use your kitchen sink and life would go on.

Sheets have been known to last an entire semester without being changed. Sweeping the floor; vacuuming; disinfecting the bathroom -- all optional, if you choose to live that way. And I've loved some people who do. Not forever and not without some embarrassment, but lived that way none-the-less. Most of them grow out of it, but even the most inveterate slob launders his garments.

Only to find that they just get dirty again. And again.

Gotta go - laundry's buzzing at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!