Thursday, October 1, 2020

Yes, It Was A Shit Show

Queen T alerted us to Dana Bash's description on the family text last night.  Big Cuter was proud of us; when he finished teaching his class he returned to find his family had sent more than 50 texts in 20 minutes.  

We were fired up.

Little Cuter and I kept each other company through the first hour, suggesting a beheading in the public square for Chris Wallace and expressing a disbelief in the existence of civilized society.  There was something about doing away with cows that sent us over another edge, but when my kid began writing that it's the trees' fault that they are flammable I knew we had reached a new low in American discourse.

Joe Biden saying shut up was not a good example to set for young children, but it certainly echoed what I was screaming on my couch.  

I was screaming alone.  TBG was silent for the entire 90 minutes.  He did a lot of sit ups.  He held his head.  He frowned. 

Not-Kathy lasted 3 minutes.  I think she made a wise choice.

I watched it all. 

I had help.



6 comments:

  1. I turned it on a bit late. Trump was talking. I immediately turned it off.
    There is no point in having another debate. It wouldn't change minds that are made up and it might convince some to just not vote at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See Little Cuter's comment below for my motivation. Anyone whose mind was changed has just not been paying attention. Those who think a petulant child with evil intent (trying to trigger Biden's stutter... let alone Stand By.....) should run the USofA have serious issues another debate won't fix.
      a/b

      Delete
  2. I wouldn't have made it through without you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched it all too. And then I had ice cream with chocolate sauce and whipped cream. That helped.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted a vacuum cleaner for my brain. Then I had ice cream, too. Yes, it helped. Some parts of life are still uncontaminated.
      a/b

      Delete

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!