Pages

Friday, July 24, 2026

Magic

Drove home in the dark.  

Hungry, but this isn't New York City so by 9pm there's MickeyD's or Burger King. 

Created a boring but filling turkey sandwich, read Miles Taylor's Substack.

Found Arcturus and Vega and went inside; the air was too thick to be enjoyable.

I was moping.  

Came into the library and saw a new message blinking red on  the answering machine (yes, an answering machine for our landline.... yes, a landline, too).

Wondered what the other 14 messages were and listened from the beginning.

Magic.

Giblet and Little Cuter babbling happily, signing off with a resounding BYE!!!

FlapJilly and Little Cuter encouraging Giblet to say hi.

Big Cuter and Queen T after their first ultrasound; she's beautiful.

The rest were nonsense and easily deleted.  While congratulating my past self for saving them, I replayed my three love notes from the past.

I'm smiling and my heart is full.  Like I said: Magic.

5 comments:

  1. We still have a landline and an answering machine too. I see no reason to give ether up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. When the internet goes down, I like being attached.
      ab

      Delete
  2. We need a little magic to make us smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our 45 year old land line and phone number are about to get shut down. AT&T says it's getting rid of all land lines. Terry has been dealing with emails from them for a few months now. He's been looking at other possibilities. Including our alarm system. It's tied into the phone line and calls the company should an alarm be set off. We will have to redo the whole system. And, it's all happening amongst the Stanford appointments to make life even more interesting. Many things around here are being put on hold until we are done with this series of treatments.

    ReplyDelete

I KNOW THE FONT IS TOO SMALL......